Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Writing News

I skipped a week. Sorry about that. I must say I warned you. Scatterbrained author here. ;)

This post isn't going to be long or insightful, more of a news telling sort of thing. I might pop back in another time this week to give you some food for thought and make up for my lack of posting last week, fair enough? I think so.

First off. I self-published my first book. The Don's pursuit. I'm super excited about that. I do plan on selling some copies but haven't gotten around to that yet. I'm still in the admiration stage where I can look at the book cover and stroke it and drool over it for hours, if you're a writer, you'll understand. So, picture anyone?


Here's the cover. :P

AND I finished the first draft of Blue Blades! It's a little over 61k, and 121 single-spaced pages. Here's the synopsis (I realize this is by far not the best one ever written but, here's the just of it.):

Sometimes, a little rebellion is a good thing.
In the year 2050, society is at its peak – or at least if you’re an Upper Class citizen.
Coping with memory loss after a bad fall, Airamae Berkline, a sixteen-year-old Olympic figure skater from NYC, is faced with a difficult decision. She must determine what defines us as people, and who gives us worth. With lives at stake and futures on hold, can Airy make the right decision, or will she live to regret it? As she struggles to let go of the past and look to the road ahead, she learns that she’s never alone, even in her wandering. 

As for other news, I've gotten a new story idea. Yep, exactly what I need with the other three million of 'em floating around in my skull but, hey, I'm excited about it. :P It's for school in the fall actually, I'm completing the curriculum One Year Adventure Novel. So this is to be my OYAN novel. :)

I don't have a synopsis or anything, as I've just started brainstorming and character development, but if you want to see some pictures of the charries and a few scene pics and quotes you can visit my pinterest board. http://pinterest.com/cookiequeentess/heart-of-the-beast/ 

It's going to be a Beauty and the Beast retelling in a sense, it has the same premise. I got inspiration from this poem I wrote a while back:

Beauty and the Beast

Ugly, scarred, bruised and broken
Their staring eyes are words unspoken
The eyes of fire, the face of a beast
Hatred like a caged monster released

You roar like a hungry lion
Your heart has turned to cyan
Words that slice like barb wire
Jab the joyous like a brier

They scoff and point at your marks
You watch as they flit around like larks
Claws and teeth that gnash
Your life has turned to ash

Your eyes connect with a smile
The first you’ve seen in quite a while
Her skin white and smooth like a porcelain cup
Every word from her reminds you not to give up

Laughter that floats on the breeze
With you she’s at ease
She sees through the darkened veil
The wounds from their words that assail

Her touch melts the snow on your heart
When you’re with her it’s like you were never apart
Mammoth paws cradle an innocent dove
Her kiss sweet like honey, so full of love

Now a butterfly you take wing
You sparkle and shine like a king
Her bare feet dance as her hair flies free
A daring girl has found the key

Your heart is no longer locked in a vice
Its boundaries frozen by ice
You walk together hand in hand
Both to discover a strange new land

Her green eyes, radiant as the sun
Your face now elated, you know you have won
The young couple didn’t care
That the people would jeer and stare

Once the beauty and the beast
Now a princess, she will never cease
To love you, her knight in shining armor
A prince, your monster has fled, never to harm her

___________________________________________________________

Anyways, that's it for today. As I said, if I'm feeling particularly reflective, I might pop back in and say a few words later this week, we'll see. ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment